"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

His goodness...

God is so good to me. I wanted to share with you something that just touches my heart about the way He cares for His children and provides for us. Many of you know that exhortation, or encouragement, is my main spiritual gift. I love to encourage other people...making them feel good about themselves and that there's no task that's too great with the Lord on their side. When I was younger, one of the ways that I most enjoyed "using" this gift, was to write cards to people or letters of encouragement. I LOVED doing that. And somehow, over the past couple years, I really started to slack off in that area and really started to feel convicted about it. I began missing that. A few months ago, my office manager approached me and asked if I would be interested in taking on a task of writing cards to our patients in need. Um...YES!...was my reply. God knew my heart and He new I wasn't using this gift to it's full potential. First of all, how cool is that I get to take time each week at my JOB to find a quiet place and sit and write words of encouragement to our patients that need that "extra love"....and what an incredible reminder that God truly has "prepared good works in advance" for us to do. If you're not using the gifts and the talents He's so graciously given you, ask Him to provide ways to make that happen! They can come in the most unexpected ways!

No comments: