"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5

Saturday, December 15, 2007

It's the most wonderful/busy time of the year!

Wow! What a wonderful time of the year! And what a BUSY time of the year! Sorry it's been a week or so since I really posted, but I have been just that...BUSY! Work Christmas party, Christmas dinner with friends, Christmas dinner with MORE friends, Christmas shopping, Christmas traffic, helping Mom get the house decorated for Christmas (which by the way looks beautiful!), wrapping Christmas presents, baking Christmas goodies for friends...I know there's more, I just can't think of it all at the moment. :) I LOVE CHRISTMAS!! It truly is my most favorite time of the year...and not because of all these fun things listed above, even though they are all great. But because of a love that I'll never be able to fully understand...the love of sweet Savior who was born to be my rescue.
I went to church with my friend Karla a few Sunday's ago and the sweet lady who taught our Sunday school class helped me look at Christmas in a whole new light. Each year we hear the phrase, "Jesus is the reason for the season!" Very true statement. His birth is the reason we celebrate. But have we ever thought about the fact that we, too, are the reason for the season. If it weren't for us and our imperfections, there'd be no reason for a Savior to come and be our rescue. But because we are imperfect and desprately needed a Savior, He lovingly came. It was because of you and me that there was a need for Him. We, too, are the reason for the season. That little reminder should make us a million times more grateful as we celebrate Christmas.
On a much less important side note: Yes, I'm almost finished with my Christmas shopping! The most exciting Christmas present that I've purchased so far this year is a John Wayne coffee mug for my Dad. I'm not so much excited about the gift itself, I mean come on, it's a John Wayne coffee mug. But I am excited because I know my Dad will LOVE it! I'll post a picture of him drinking out of it on Christmas morning...I know he will drink out of it on Christmas morning because he will love it so much. :) Most wanted item on my Christmas list: it's a tie between new weights and the new Beth Moore Bible study, "The Psalms of Ascent". (I really want the new Rascall Flatts CD too!) Favorite Christmas memory so far this year: Watching Baby Luke get SO excited over all the shiny lights on the Christmas trees. Merry "almost" Christmas everybody! As the time draws nearer and things are sure to get even more crazy busy, remember the reason(s) for the season! And of course I couldn't NOT show you all this precious picture of Luke in one of his MANY Christmas outfits! Don't you just want to squeeze him?!? :)










No comments: