"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A brand new year!

I love the beginning of a new year, simply because it's so "unknown" to me. I like surprises. Some people hate them, but I love them. I love that I have NO idea the things that are in store for me this year. More than that though, I love that I serve a God Who knows exactly what's in store for me this year...it was planned long before I was even born. How cool is that? So, let's recap a few things that took place in 2007:

  • I became an aunt for the very first time...HIGHLY recommend this...definitely the hightlight of my year. It's the most fun! :)
  • My job at West Rome Baptist ended in June and I moved back home to Gainesville to take on a job in the medical field. I miss SO much about Rome, especially all the fun, crazy people, but I have to say that I'm lovin' being back closer to my family and I thankfully am really enjoying my new job.
  • I got my first speeding ticket...it was a killer...cost me 150 big ones. I was on my way to Raleigh, NC to visit one of my best friends, Abby, who gave birth to sweet Baby Elizabeth in December.
  • I began my weight loss journey and successfully lost 60 pounds this year! Don't worry...I'm not done yet.
  • I jogged my first mile ever!I got in my first "fender bender" and no, it was not my fault. No one was injured, for those of you concerned about my safety.
  • Two of my other best friends became pregnant and will have sweet little ones in 2008.
  • My dear friends Daniel and Rendy were married in September.I traveled to Jasper, FL in October with my buddy Chad Bugg and some of his friends for a Bible study retreat in October.
  • Started this blog and many, many other things that I can't think of right now.
    2007 was a great year!

The "goods" most certainly outweigh the "bads". :) Some things I would love to see happen in 2008:

  • Continue to lose weight.
  • Deepen my relationships with my family and with Jesus.
  • Jog TWO miles! :)
  • Write more letters.
  • Start dating...hey, I ain't gettin' no younger people! :)
  • Pray more and memorize more scripture than I did in 2007.
  • Start a community Bible study for teenage girls.
  • Share my faith more with my patients at work.
  • Read more.

Happy New Year!

No comments: