"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5

Sunday, February 24, 2008

It's/I'm gonna be alright!

Again...two posts in one day. What's the world coming to?!? Not that I don't enjoy worshipping the Lord everyday, but today has been extra enjoyable. Do you ever just find it difficult to worship? It should be so easy after all that Christ has done for us. But to truly worship, I find that I have to move me out of the way and that's just honestly hard to do some days. We/I get way to wrapped up in self that our worship becomes more about us instead of the One Who created it, the One Whom our praise and worship is due. The past few weeks and months, there've been several situations in my own life and in the lives of dear friends where we've really just needed the constant reminder that God is in control in this crazy world we live in. Big storms or just a little "rock of the boat". Life altering decisions, little daily stresses. Sickness. We all face different things. The truth is, that as a Child of God, He is always on my side. I forget that so easily and when I forget that truth, I allow defeat to begin taking over the places in my life that His blood has already covered and conquered. As I sang this song this morning, I couldn't help but worship Him and praise Him for always being in control and for continually providing me with the salvation that I need from this world and from self.

"God above all the world in motion. God above all my hopes and fears. And I don't care what the world throws at me now, I'm gonna be alright! Hear the sound of the generations. Making loud our freedom song. All in all that the world would know Your name, It's gonna be alright! 'Cause I know my God saved the day, And I know His word never fails, And I know my God made a way for me. Salvation is here."
May you be reminded as I have been today that God is still very much alive and in control, that He is ABOVE all things. That His Word NEVER fails and that always, always He provides us a way out of worldy "worries" so that we can worship Him. What and amazing God!

No comments: