"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Weekend Fun!

I'm so thankful for weekends! This one was much needed seeing that work is insanely busy right now at the good 'ole Allergy and Asthma Clinic (tis the season!). My family hosted a baby shower for my sweet cousin Stacey yesterday afternoon. We had a great turn out and she was showered with much love and lots of sweet gifts for baby girl to be! (they're keeping the name a secret!) Continue to pray for Stacey and Baby Girl. They had a little scare at the beginning of Stacey's pregnancy, fearing that the baby was going to come WAY too soon. With surgery and total bedrest, Stacey is still pregnant and due in June. God is so good and I was so thankful to hear yesterday that the doctors think the baby weighs approximately 4.5 pounds now! I have been so reminded of Psalm 139 this weekend - being reminded of my Creator, of His sovereignty and of His tender care in forming each one of us.

I had a fun night last night with my friends Chad and Heidi, their two crazy-fun children Alex and Olivia, and my new friend Jonathan. Heidi is working her "matchmaking skills". She's definitely got "skill"...there's no question about that. :) Time will tell if "matchmaking" is a calling for her! (Thanks Chic!) I got some much needed rest today, spent some sweet time with the Lord, and just had some time to think over a lot of what's going on in life right now! I needed that! I finally feel ready for a new week. Hope you all have a good one!

No comments: