"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Finally...my trip to KY!!

I am so sorry that it's taken me almost a week to post about my trip to Kentucky this past weekend! My journey to KY began last Friday morning around 7:40 AM. I was so excited to see my friends Todd and Jennifer! Little background...I've known Jennifer my whole life...she and I are 2nd or 3rd cousins (I always get that confused), and Todd and I have known each other since I moved to Rome in 2001. His family was my family in Rome. When the 3 of us..Todd, Jennifer and myself all lived in Rome, we were together ALL the time...usually causing trouble. :) Not really. Anyway, since I moved back home to Gainesville and they've been in New Orleans and now in KY for Todd to go to seminary, we NEVER get to see each other. It was such a blessing to spend some good time with them for 2 WHOLE days! It was wonderful, relaxing visit! We did a little sight seeing, but mostly just hung out, watched movies, ate and acted goofy..which is what we do best. I didn't take a whole lot of pictures, but here are a few. Welcome to KENTUCKY!
My face after finally making it to KENTUCKY! What a long drive! I was so glad to finally be there!

World's largest baseball bat...in downtown Louisville. Moments like these are once in a lifetime people.
We were offered some free tickets to a festival in downtown Louisville on Saturday called "Abbey River on the Road". There were five different stages set up where bands were rockin' to the oldies. Lots of "hippies" were present so we kind of felt a little out of place! :) We stayed for about an hour - people watched, made a few comments during our people watching, snapped a few pictures, then headed to dinner. We had a great day on Sunday at church. After church, we grilled out for lunch...it was yummo, we watched a movie, all took a little nap, had pizza for dinner, took a walk, and then watched another movie! Life is good. :)
Todd and Jennifer at Abbey Road on the River.
The three of us by the Ohio River.
Jenn and I by the Ohio River.



I was sad to leave after such a fun visit. It's so nice to be with friends that you can totally be yourself around, they can be themselves around you, and you can just relax and enjoy life! I headed out from KY around 8 on Monday morning, stopped in TN to have a yummy lunch with my friend Kevin, then finally saw this sweet GA sign around 4 o'clock that afternoon.
As sad as I was to leave my friends, I was able to smile knowing that I was almost home. Thanks, T & J, for welcoming me into your home for a few days. Love you guys tons and can't wait until you move back this way so we can see each other more often.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With all that driving and picture taking at the same time, I am super glad you made it back in one piece! hee hee hee :) I am so glad you had fun!!!!