"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5

Monday, June 2, 2008

Life Update!

Just an email that I sent out tonight that I thought I'd post:

Hey Sweet Friends and Family!
Hope you're all doing well and that your week has started off on a pleasant note. Just wanted to send you a quick update and fill you in on what's going on in my world and, of course, tell you a little about what Jesus is teaching me right now.

Life is good! Work at the Allergy & Asthma Clinic is going well and fortunately things are beginning to be a little less hectic since the pollen is on its way to slowing down. I can't even begin to tell you what a whilwind that place has been over the past couple months...but we are thankful for the business. :) My family is doing well...Dad's landscape business is growing and Mom is out of school for the summer. My sister and brother-in-law are also doing well...and Baby Luke..well, he's just as precious as ever and I can't even begin to believe that he's going to be ONE in just a few weeks. What incredible joy he's filling our lives with! Weight Watchers continues to go great! I have missed weighing in the past two weeks due to being out of town, but hopefully I'll be pretty close to my 3rd goal of 75 pounds this Saturday!! That just sounds insane to me...God is SO good. I've been blogging every few weeks about my "Get Fit Journey", so make sure to check in! (www.meredithhulsey.blogspot.com) I know it's not officially summer just yet, but things have already started off with a "bang"...I made the drive to KY this past weekend to visit w/ my sweet friends Todd and Jennifer...which was major fun! Many of you are having babies, getting married, moving...you guys definitely keep me busy...that's how I like it! :)

The Lord always tries to teach me so many things at once it seems. I figure that He surely knows by now that my tiny, scattered mind can only catch glimmers of the things He's showing me, so with that realized and settled in my heart and mind, I just tell Him to keep bringin' it on! :) The main "theme" of what He's been teaching me since about mid May is "not to worry". I think it's safe for me to say that personally, I'm not a big worrier. That hasn't always been the case and YES, I definitely still find myself on "worry road" often. However, many years back the Lord seemed to "engrave" Phillippians 4:6 on my heart..."Don't worry about anything. Instead, pray about everything." What an incredibly hard concept for us as humans to wrap our minds around...this is WAY too easy! Our world is full of worry and anxiety so surely "worry" is a given in everybody's life. Right? Well, yes, inevidibly, we all worry at times. But we don't have to. And this is a truth God has to remind me of over and over again. And right now, He's reminding me a lot! I've had several friends over the past few weeks that have faced or are in the midst of situations where worry could certainly be given a foothold..and even situations in my own life where this is true. Health issues, stress and just being really overwhelmed with life, relationship issues, money. So many things.

One of my sweet patients at work is the biggest worrier I've ever met in my life. She came in last week in one of her anxious modes and I overheard the doctor gently saying to her..."You remember what Jesus said about worrying, don't you?" She asked him, "What?" His reply, "It won't add a day to your life." First of all, what a blessing that I work for godly doctors such as this! Tonight as I was on my "Meredith Jog", part of a song came to mind that says..."You are God alone, from before time began, You were on Your throne, You are God alone. And right now, in the good times and bad, You are on Your throne, You are God alone." There's another part of this song that stuck out to me that says "You're the only God Whose power none can contend." God faithfully reminded me tonight that He was in control of things before time even began, and He's still in control. And no matter how hard I try to let everything/one BUT Him have control and power over things in my life and around me, nothing will ever come close to handling things the way He does. No one (even myself) and no thing can even compare with His power. Maybe somebody needed to hear this today besides me...but even if it was just me...I'm glad I'm hearing it. :)

Praying for y'all and am so thankful that you so often help to minimize my temptations of worry by fullfilling the law of Christ and "bearing my burdens" with me.

Have a wonderful week!

Much love!
Meredith

No comments: