"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Happy Birthday to My Mama!

Happy Birthday to my sweet Mama! Mom's birthday was yesterday and we had a great time celebrating her! We grilled out steaks last night at my sister and brother-in-laws, had YUMMO birthday pie and loved showering Mom with some fun birthday presents. I am blessed beyond all measure with the incredible Mama I have been given. I'm so thankful for her life...she's an amazing example to my family of what unconditional love is, what sacrifice and hard work mean, that it's important to live the same life you live in front of your family as it is for your friends and those you don't know. That working on issues of the heart is far greater than working on issues of outward appearance and that storms in life usually bring on something great. She's taught us what it means to appreciate what you have and to take care of it - not worrying so much over what others have that might be "better". And not to mention that she's super fun...we're watching American Idol together as I type this and she just thinks David Archuletta is precious! I could go on forever about how priceless it is to have a Mother like the one I have...I'll keep some of these things to myself for now but I will say that I have big shoes to fill and I very much look forward to trying...I want to possess so many of the qualities I see in my Mom! Enjoy some fun pictures of our night together as a family last night!
Getting ready to open presents!
This is one of my most FAVORITE pictures of Mom and Luke...precious!
Mom, Dad and a "clapping" little Luke.
The Girls...Carrie, Mom and Me.
Dad and Kevin...so excited about watching Mom open her presents.
Luke thinks his Nana should have a birthday EVERYDAY...apparently he benefits well from it!
Luke with his Mama...this is another one of my new favs.

What a super fun day!

No comments: