"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sin AND Sorrow?

This morning in church we sang the old hymn "I Stand Amazed (How Marvelous)". One of the verses says "He took my sins and my sorrows and He made them His very own...". My sins AND my sorrows! When I sing that verse I usually just think about the overwhelming fact that Jesus took every sin known to mankind upon Himself so that we could be made clean. But the second part of this says that He's not only taken my sin, but He also takes my sorrow. How often do we choose to live under the guilt of our sins? Yes, we should be sorry and we should feel sorrowful at our wrongdoings, but once that sin is laid down at the feet of Jesus and once I've turned my back to it, it's done! Jesus does not desire for me to live under the guilt of my sins...He not only took the sin, but He also took my sorrow so that I could live in freedom. What a wonderful remider today! Live free!

No comments: