"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5

Friday, July 25, 2008

Ten things I LOVE about Vacation!

I have been looking forward to this moment for a VERY long time! My family and I will head out tomorrow morning for our glorious, long awaited trip to the beach! My Mom has 4 sisters and every single year since I was 8 years old, we have all gone to St. Simon's Island together for vacation. My aunts, uncles, cousins...you name it...we ALL go and it is INCREDIBLE! We've stayed in the same beach house every year, so after 20 years it's pretty much our home away from home. This year I'm SUPER ready to go because my family missed last year's trip due to Luke's birth. Here are the top 10 things I'm going to love about my trip this year:

1. Spending some QT time with the fam!

2. Going a WHOLE week without wearing scrubs and getting to wear "normal" clothes every day.

3. Hopefully getting a TAN! I am so looking forward to laying out in the sunshine where I can either read, take a nap, chase after Luke, or watch people and think crazy things about them!

4. I'm going to get a MASSAGE! What could possibly be better than getting a massage AT the beach?!? I'm guessin' not much! There's an Aveda Salon at the pier and I have been saving my bucks to blow at this heavenly place!

5. Sleeping as late as my heart desires! (One perk to still being single and not having any children!)

6. Waloging (walking/jogging) on the beach!

7. Spending some good time with the Lord! I'm always able to find some good time "away" to focus on my walk with Him while I'm on vacation. Can't wait for that!

8. Eating some fresh seafood! (not the really "fishy" kind though!)

9. Shopping with my Mom and Sister!

10. Not worrying about having a "schedule" for 7 full, wonderful days!

See you guys when I get back! Have a great week...I know I will! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure you made up that waloging thing...

Anonymous said...

I loved the week!!! hope u had as much fun as I did. Sleeping in was awesome.