"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Meredith's Get Fit Journey - Take 6...RUTS!!

RUT...that's what my GFJ (get fit journey) feels like at the moment! I feel like I've been stuck at around 73 pounds down for what feels like FOREVER and I'm trying very hard not to get discouraged. I'm not complaining by ANY means because I truly am SO to have come as far as I have...but I'm not done yet, Lord willing! :) My eating habits have remained good over the past few weeks and so have my workouts...but the scales will not budge to save my soul! I'm using my weights pretty consistently during my workouts and am being told by other people (God love them!) that I just keep getting "skinnier and skinnier!" And even though I'm maintaining my weight at the moment, I do hope some of that is muscle weight and that it's building up and getting ready to burn off the yucky weight. I'm still feeling good though and just truckin' right along.

So, I'm TOTALLY taking advantage of all the fresh fruits and veggies from the garden right now. My family only has some tomato plants but so many of my sweet patients at work are bringing in all kinds of stuff to share with us! We also have a fig tree here at our house and I never realized how much I like figs! And they are of great nutritional value. Click here to read up on the ol' fig! Take advantage of all these yummy, good for you, mostly FREE foods that we can get this time of year! Well, that's about it for this GFJ post. Sorry it wasn't all that exciting this time. I promise WAY more fun in the next post...and maybe even some before and after pictures on my journey thus far! Hang in there!

No comments: