"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My Hope

"My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteouness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame, but wholly lean on Jesus' name.
On Christ the Solid Rock I stand!
All other ground is sinking sand.
All other ground is sinking sand."
Jesus is to be my ONLY Hope...I've been reminded of that truth today. I am to put my hope in no man, no matter how powerful he may or may not be. And I'm not just talking about the President here. We put so much emphasis on humans sometimes in general. How often do I turn to another person instead of my Heavenly Father to seek out advice or comfort or approval? Way too often. People are important, and leaders are important. But Jesus is the ONLY one that offers me a living hope!

No comments: