"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Engagement Story!!



I have officially been engaged for a week and a day now and for those of you wondering...yes, I'm still on cloud nine!! :) I wouldn't mind staying here for the rest of my life. What a sweet story I have for you. (get your blankets and hot chocolate and let's gather 'round) I must have told this story at least a hundred times in just one week and I've yet to grow tired of telling it. I drove to Griffin this past weekend to see my sweetie. There was an event at his church that night that we had to attend and later that evening I was to spend the night with our friends Todd and Jennifer. Well, I arrived to Aaron's apartment a little after 10 AM on Saturday morning. He had called to check on me a couple of times to see how close I was - now we know why! When I reached Aaron's door and knocked, he opened the door, peaked his head out, took my things from me and as I walked in, the first sight that I see is rose petals and lit candles on his living room floor. Talk about a sister's heart doing the biggest somersault EVER!! I immediately knew then what was about to happen and the first words out of my mouth were - "Aaron King, what are you doing??". As if I didn't know!!!!! So Aaron took my hands, kissed me, told me that he loved me and that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me, got down on his knee, and ASKED ME TO BE HIS WIFE!! I said yes faster than lightening, kissed him, then commanded him to show me that bling of a ring and put it on me! :) I was pretty calm at first, but as started thinking about what was really going on, I got REALLY excited and I'm pretty sure that FREAK OUT got a new name that day! My sweet fiance LOVES video, computer stuff, etc. So, wouldn't you know that he hid a video camera to capture this incredibly special moment on film. As much as I hate seeing myself on video, I am in love with the fact that we have this sweet moment forever. I'm trying to get up the nerve to allow him to post the video for you all to watch. Maybe in another week?? :) I LOVE that man and I cannot wait to be his wife. The Lord has lavished His goodness over me by giving Aaron to me and I hope to honor that always. I'm a blessed girl. Enjoy some pics and be on the lookout for that video...which I believe should be titled "Girl Freaks Out".



4 comments:

aaron said...

the video is coming soon, and i agree you merged spastic and freak out quite nicely. i loved it, and i love you. have fun at the beach sweetie.

Anonymous said...

I love this story and can not wait to see the video!! I would also like to hear the story about how you two met. Love to you both!!! Aunt Mary

Ivey Wisener #23 said...

Congratulations!!! and thanks for sharing on your blog. I didn't get anything juicy from James when he shared the news. We are so happy for you. Bekah says she wants to see NEE NEE SOON and I do too! Love you sis!
Cathy

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you Meredith!

How did you meet Aaron?

I can't wait to hear the story!