"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Life Update

Luke on the way to Nana's for his first Sleepover ever!! :)

Sorry it's been so long! Life is nothing short of crazy these days...but I'm lovin' it! Just wanted to give you all an update on what's been going on in my world. First off, to follow up on my last post, being engaged is wonderful! Lots of wedding planning is taking place and thankfully a lot has already been accomplished and I feel good about that. I guess after being the bridesmaid 14 times, you just kinda know what direction to go in. Not that it's all been easy, but all that past wedding experience has absolutely been beneficial. :) It's certainly weird being the bride and not the bridesmaid this time around! Aaron and I have set our wedding date at Jan. 9th...SO excited about a winter wedding. I can't wait for that blessed day! Aaron and I are still learning so much about each other during this season of our engagement and the more I learn, the more I love him. The Lord truly is Sovereign and good and His timing is so perfect. A scripture that I can remember clinging so tightly to before Aaron came along was Song of Songs 2:7 "I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem, do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires." There were so many days that I simply just had to trust that the Lord would some day make Himself known in this passage to me because I most certainly was tempted to "arouse and awaken love" in my OWN timing. Being single is such a hard area to be patient in, but I now know the importance of this verse. The Lord graciously protected my heart in so many ways to make it ready for my sweet Aaron and vice versa. What a big God we serve. Please continue to pray for us as we prepare for our wedding day - a day that we pray will honor and bring glory to the One who is giving us to each other.

Work is still going well..the past week has felt like springtime again...SO busy! Not complaing though. I am SO going to miss this sweet bunch of people when I have to leave them at the beginning of the year. I just don't even want to talk about that! :)

My little man, Luke, is a spit fire! He is ALL TWO!! :) He came over for his very first spend-the-night this past weekend and did awesome! He is definitely to the point now of carrying on full conversations with whomever he is speaking with and I love it. He's one of my most favorite people to talk to these days. I've only had one breakdown so far about moving a little farther away from him after the wedding. I have been incredibly blessed with the convenience of only being 10 minutes or so away from him and being able to see him whenever I want since he was born. While this will be hard at first, I am only going to be an hour and a half away and I just know that the Lord will bless our relationship just as He always has. :)

My weight loss journey has not ended...for those of you who have been wondering since I haven't posted a GFJ post in quite some time! It has definitely slowed some, but I'm still hanging in and am at least not gaining! I'm very close to 90 pounds down and hope to lose at least 10 more pounds before the big wedding day. We'll see!

So much has happened in the past month...family trip to the beach, Luke's 2nd birthday, Aaron's 28th birthday, Braves game, baby showers, SO MUCH LIFE!! The Lord is all around and I am constantly in awe of who He is and with what and who He has blessed me with!

1 comment:

aaron said...

i love you and i love that you aren't the least bit greedy about giving GOD all the glory in our relationship. you are amazing sweetheart!