"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5

Thursday, February 10, 2011

GFJ Post!!

I'm sorry, yet again, that it took me forever to do another "Get Fit Journey" post. Some of you are aware that I have been on this journey since January of 2007. I constantly have to remind myself that journeys in life have both roads that go up and roads that go down, and often times roads that are somewhere in between. I've definitely been on a "rocky" road over the past year in my GFJ and I think/know the biggest reason for that is simply a lack of self-discipline. I can blame this road on starting back to school, or on just getting married and moving to a new place, etc., etc. But when it comes right down to it, I've just been very lax with my eating and with my exercise. These last two weeks have been better, though! Thanks to my mother and father-in-law, Aaron and I now have a treadmill! I have wanted this for Aaron and myself for a while now, but was a little hesitant with our living in an apartment, lack of space, neighbors right underneath us situation. Aaron's parents had a spare treadmill in their basement and they were very generous to allow us to use it. I'm using the treadmill to supplement my exercise video that I truly enjoy doing - "Walk Away the Pounds" with Leslie Sansone. This video allows me to choose a 1, 2 or 3 mile workout, depending on the amount of time I have to workout and also on my energy level. I always either choose the 2 or 3 mile workout and then on top of that, I have been walking on the treadmill for a least another mile. So far, so good. And my sweet husband has been getting up early to use the treadmill before he goes to work. I love that he has chosen to head out on this "journey" with me. The thing that makes me not like him being on this journey with me, however, is the fact that his pants feel looser after ONE stinkin' time on that treadmill! :) I love him so much and am incredibly appreciative of his support in my life. Here we both are, trying out the treadmill!
I look a little TOO excited...and my thumbs look weird.
I can hear what my husband is thinking..."Seriously. You're taking a picture of me walking on a treadmill at 7 o'clock in the morning?? Who cares about that?!?" Isn't he just cute? :)
This was my lunch for today and it was SO YUMMY and packed full of vitamins and nutrients. I enjoy eating smoothies, I just don't ever really think about making them. Well, that's going to change! I just took several ingredients that I had on hand here at home - a carrot, an apple, a handful of fresh cherries and frozen strawberries. I probably would have added at least part of a banana too, but since I had one with my breakfast this morning, I skipped it in my smoothie.
I only used half of an apple. A bit of yogurt would have been ideal just to help liquify the smoothie a little, but since I didn't have any in my fridge today, I added a couple of tablespoons of apple juice - just enough to help the blending process.
I also used my coffee grinder and ground up about a tablespoon and a half of flax seeds to throw into the mix. Incase you didn't know, flax seeds are FULL of goodness for you! You can add them to anything you make - doesn't hinder the taste at all.
Isn't that just beautiful?? And it tasted even better than it looked! VERY filling too.

My advice for this GFJ post: Don't consider yourself a failure, even when you find yourself on a hard or rocky road in your journey. Keep going, because the road will level out again eventually.

"Every valley shall be lifted up, and every mountain and hill be made low; the uneven ground shall become level, and the rough places smooth." Isaiah 40:4



1 comment:

Jessica Booher said...

Sounds like you are on your little way again! I LOVE smoothies! If i would get up early enough i would have one EVERY morning :) I'll have to try adding some flax seed, good idea!