"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Finally!!!

I have been trying for what feels like forever to make it to my 60 pound weight loss mark. I've been hanging out around 58.8 or 59 pounds for almost a month now. I was very thankful that I maintained during the holidays but was beginning to get a little frustrated that I wasn't making it into a new "bracket". Finally...today it happened! I had lost 4 pounds at today's weigh-in which brought my total to 62.4 pounds. YES!!! It feels good! I really am thankful that things went so well with Weight Watchers this past year and am looking forward to how it will go this year. God is good!

Hope you all enjoyed the fun snow! I enjoyed it but wasn't too thrilled when I had to go to work this morning. It was INSANE at the clinic today...insane! Probably the craziest day I've seen since I've worked there. You would have thought it would've been quite the opposite, but no, it wasn't. Myself and one other nurse were the only two nurses there today with both doctors AND our nurse practitioner seeing patients. My day was sweetly rewarded though with a $50 "snow bonus" check for coming in today and not complaining about how short handed we were. What a great unexpected blessing! Again...God is so good! :)

1 comment:

Jess said...

I, for one, LOVED the snow! Hoping for more before tomorrow morning before work! :)
Just came across you on the LPM roll call list of Siestas and thought I'd say 'hi'! I'm down here in Covington, GA and went to school up in Demorest at Piedmont (many moons ago!) And, I too, have been earnestly 'praying up a man' for some time now! :) To no avail... yet! But, learning more to trust and be patient every day.

~Jessica