"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Happy trails...

"I lift up my eyes to the hills-- where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip-- He who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, He who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord watches over you-- the Lord is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all harm-- He will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore." (Psalm 121)

I've been camping out in this passage of scripture for the past two days in my quiet time and I've been overwhelmingly reminded of one of my most favorite characteristics about the Lord - that He is my ever-present help, my ever-present protector. My journey in this life as His child has been and will continue to be filled with "unknown territory". Who knows where He will take me and what kind of ground it will be on? I love that I never have to worry and that I truly can enjoy my journey with Him even on the tough trails because He is always with me, watching over me and guarding each step I take. What a big God and what a comforting promise!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I ready the title I though maybe you were moving again. Oh, well. :) Taylor & Jordan were in my office today and Taylor said, "Why did Miss Meredith have to move?" I said, "I don't know but I miss her." Jordan said, "Me, too." You are very loved here!!!

Amy Sullins said...

I have been reading this same passage, oh...for about 3 months now! It helps me each time I start to feel like I am all alone!
We miss you! Hope to see you soon!

Unknown said...

Ok, so I signed in under Josh's name! Sorry about that! :O)