"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5

Friday, January 11, 2008

My friend, JWisener!

This blog post is dedicated to my friends JWisener (James Wisener), and his family...Cathy, Ivey, Graham, and Bekah Grace. Not really so much like having a song dedicated to you over the radio by your boyfriend or girlfriend or having a rose dedicated to you during the last slow skate at the skating rink, but more of just a "I love these people and I want to talk about them for a minute" kind of dedication. James' daddy went to be with the Lord this morning so times are tough right now for him and his family. Pray for them! In a few days when he re-enters the land of blog, he's gonna need a good read. For those of you who don't know, I was very fortunate to serve under James in student ministry for several years in Rome, GA and I consider his family to be my own. Read on.

Things I love about JWisener...
  • He has such an incredible heart for students - he loves to see students "get it" - to watch them enter into a loving relationship with the Lord and then watch those same students show other students how it's done!
  • He loves his family more than anything - he's a super husband and dad!
  • He thinks I'm the best student ministry assistant EVER!
  • Joe and Angie are his favorite people. (Joe Mama angie Daddy - Booya!)
  • He loves Point of Grace. He thinks they should tour with DownHere or the like.
  • He's a learner - he allows the Lord to teach him something great - whether the lesson was a tough one or an easy one.
  • He's a visoneer - he loves to dream big and God is all about that!
  • He's a great friend and encourager.
  • He's way ADD...not really sure what I like about this. :)
  • He's just a fun guy!
  • He's much much more, but lastly for today, I love that he does everything with excellence. Not many people do that these days. Especially me. :)

Things I love about Cathy (James' wife)...

  • She is a WONDERFUL wife and mother! I don't know how she does it all, but she does, and she truly does it with excellence...just like James. :)
  • She loves students just as much as James! I miss doing Girl's Ministry with her.
  • Her love for the Lord is evident in EVERYTHING she does! She's such a graceful person and I love that about her.
  • She also things I'm the best student ministry assistant EVER! :)
  • She's a great friend and I miss her very much!

Things I love about Ivey (James and Cathy's oldest daughter)...

  • She's a GREAT basketball player.
  • She loves the Lord like crazy and is not afraid to tell her friends about Him.
  • She is beautiful...inside and out!
  • She is a prayer warrior - you're still prayin' me up a husband, right Ivey? If anybody can I know you can, girl! :)
  • She has the sweetest heart and cares so much for others. She's an incredible big sister and daughter!

Things I love about Graham (James and Cathy's son)...

  • Graham LOVES to show you his newest toys...believe me...the kid has some cool toys. AND he's got a great baseball card collection!
  • He's the BEST little brother to Ivey and the BEST big brother to Becka Grace!
  • He's very handsome.
  • He love Jesus like crazy too and will probably end up a minister like his daddy one day.
  • He's a super friend!

Things I love about Becka Grace (James and Cathy's baby girl)...

  • She LOVES her "Nee Nee"...that would be me!
  • She has the sweetest little smile - but don't let her fool you...she's a spit fire!
  • She's loves Jesus too...just like we all should...like a child.
  • She gives super hugs!!

I love this family and am praying that I will take all they have taught and continue to teach me and gain great wisdom from it! You guys are the best and I love ya tons. Can't wait to see and hug you all tomorrow. Praying for you!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Ok..my blog got cut off short! I love this family and am praying that I will take all they have taught and continue to teach me and gain great wisdom from it! You guys are the best and I love ya tons. Can't wait to see and hug you all tomorrow. Praying for you.

Ivey Wisener #23 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Best blog ever! Now that is excellance!!! Thanks for the kind words. We love you.

James