"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5

Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Ultimate Helper...

"Human help is wonderful, but it's always human." This was one of the sentences from my quiet time today that I underlined and to be honest, it's been a hard pill for me to swallow. I love people! I'm convinced that some of the most incredible human beings that inhabit this earth are friends with me. That's a very humbling thought. The Lord has richly blessed me in SO many ways, but I have to say that the people He's given me and continues to give me to "do life with" is by far one of His greatest blessings to me. As I think about it, I'm pretty sure I rely on human help ALOT! We depend on people all the time for various reasons whether it be to tell us if we look fat in an outfit to providing learned wisdom during a difficult situation. I love that God gave us each other so that we wouldn't have to do things alone! Could you even imagine if the opposite were true - that never, ever could we ask someone else for help?!? I don't even want to think about what my life would look like if that were true. HOWEVER, as much as we love to gloat on all the "HH's" in our lives (Human Heros), we have to remember that that's exactly what we are. Human. We simply can't be everything to everyone and expect our friends to be the same for us. One of the questions posed to me during my time with the Lord today was this, "What are specific ways that God can help you that people simply cannot?" I won't go into my personal answers, but think about that for yourself. We have to be thankful for each other and appreciate the help that we CAN offer to one another, but we must also remember that humans are humans and there will be times (many times) that divine help from our Lord is the only help we can depend on.

All that said, I've had a good weekend - did a little traveling to visit with some dear friends, the Wisener's, and had a baby shower and a baby dedication to go to today. I love the people the Lord has placed in my life! :) Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: