"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5

Monday, February 18, 2008

Here we go again...

I'm not much on complaining. Frankly, it just makes me feel worse. But I feel the need to vent a little. I'm sick...again! I thought this was taken care of last week after a round of antibiotics. (the first ones I've taken in my whole adult life - yes, I'm generally very healthy - this is why i'm so frustrated.) It all started again on Saturday when my nose welcomed a lovely downpour of the nasty stuff. Then yesterday afternoon I began running a fever. So, there I layed for about an hour, piled under a mountain of blankets awaiting my fever to break, only to be throwing them off of myself a little while later while pouring sweat. Other things I hate about being sick...

1. When you're sick at the same time everyone else is sick, there's no one around to have sympathy on you. (feel sorry for me yet?!?)
2. Food just doesn't taste good...or just doesn't taste. I mean, come on! I just got a whole box of Valentine's candy.
3. I have no energy, which means I don't feel like doing anything, especially exercising. I just got a whole box of Valentine's candy. No good!
4. I still have to go to work and take care of SICK patients. Who cares if I'm sick...I'm still expected to sympatize with them. (I really do love my job!)
5. It begins to look like you have "nose dandruff" when you rub all the skin off your nose from blowing it so much. Quite attractive.

Ok, I thought complaining about it would make me feel worse, but I actually feel a little better. I'll stop while I'm ahead. :) Thanks for letting me vent. Stay healthy everyone!!

No comments: