"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5

Monday, February 18, 2008

Let's hear it for the boys...

...let's give the boys a hand! Two posts in one day. New record for me. After having several conversations with some of my good guy friends this weekend, I was reminded of how blessed I am to have Godly guys in my life. This may sound a little weird or random, but I truly am thankful for this. My friend Kevin Cabe, who is now serving as a Student Pastor in Knoxville, had the opportunity to preach at his church on Sunday morning. I had the opportunity to hear about his message firsthand as he bounced some things off of me on Saturday night, wanting to know my opinion on his message that he was preparing. (you all know how much my opinion matters!) He had a solid message about sharing Christ with others, that, after hearing a report, the Lord used to touch a lot of people on Sunday. I also had some good conversations this weekend w/ my friend Chad Bugg who lives out his faith each day as a teacher. He was home for the weekend and we were able to fellowship at church and lunch on Sunday. It's crazy to hear about the things the Lord has taught him over the past few months and year and to this day. The Lord has used him a lot lately to really open my eyes to so many things in the Word that I never really thought about before. Those are just two incidents from this weekend. If I had a day or two to just sit here and list off all the godly guys in my life, that still probably wouldn't be enough time! I think of all of the pastors, student pastors, musicians, dear friends, friends who pick on me A LOT...I'm amazed that the Lord has chosen to place them in MY life. Not to mention that I've been allowed to serve alongside some of these great leaders on staff. (i.e., JWisener, Jarrod Roberts, Hector Cervantes). Putting those three names together spells something other than godly, but that would mess up my post. :) There are TONS of godly girls in my life too, who I'm equally thankful for. But it just feels good to know that some of the world's greatest, godliest, male leaders, are friends with me and graciously teach me so much about my wonderful Savior. Thanks, fellas. You all know who you are. (these blogs won't happen very often...savor the moment)

No comments: