"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Looking forward to a new week!

Do you ever have one of those weeks where you're just kinda glad it's over and really looking forward to a new one starting?? That's how I feel today. Not that all things were bad this past week, in fact, some great things happened. I lost 1.4 more pounds this week, bringing my total to 64.2. I had some really sweet patients at work this week, got to spend some fun time w/ my Mom and her sisters last night as we went and saw a Christian comedian, Chonda Peirce, that was in town. (I thought it was going to be really cheesy, but she was actually pretty hilarious!) So, it was definitely not a horrible week by any stretch of the imagination. The things that happened this past week that are making me look forward to a new week: sickness! My whole family has been sick this week, including my sister, brother-in-law, and sweet baby Luke. I have had to go almost 2 weeks without seeing that baby. I'm learning how addicts feel when they are forced to go through withdrawal. It's HORRIBLE!! Thankfully we all seem to be on the "up and up" now! And on top of not feeling well, it's definitely been one of those weeks where I have truly had to work on "taking thoughts captive and unveiling the Truth in my life!" (hence the blog!) The Lord has been showing me so many incredible things about Himself over the past couple months and satan has been working overtime in my mind this week - trying to feed me lies about myself and about my Creator. I've felt drained physically from being sick, but I'm also drained emotionally and spiritually from doing some serious "fighting" this week. However, I must say admist the madness, I truly have learned to embrace and appreciate these times because the Truth that He does reveal when I take my thoughts captive and make them obedient to His words are priceless! What a mighty Warrior we serve! Have a WONDERFUL week! :)

No comments: