"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Meredith's Get Fit Journey!!!

Ok, so I'm officially a dork after this post. Who documents their workouts?!? Well, apparently I do. But there's good reason behind it. (at least as far as I'm concerned) If you know me at all or have read my blog, you know I've been on a "get fit journey" for the past year and few months now. I think things are going really well (70 pounds down). I've learned that it's often important for me to take pictures or write things down so that on my discouraging days, I can go back and look at these things to see how far the Lord has truly brought me over the past year. What better way to start doing that than by blogging about it?!? Some of you (probably the majority of you) really could care less about my progress, but maybe some of you are in the same boat I'm in and we all know that a little encouragement never hurt nobody! :) I'm really excited about where I am right now in my GFJ (get fit journey) and LOVE that I'm gaining strength to do things I've NEVER done before. This time last year, I could MAYBE jog one lap around a standard track. Today, I jogged two MILES!! I walked .5 mile to warm up, then jogged 2, then walked another .5 mile to cool down. It was a pretty chilly Sunday here in Gainesville, but I decided to bundle up and put my game face on. Ok, so maybe not a true "game face". More of an "oh my word, it's so cold out there, I don't want to get out of my car!" face.
Gainesville College Track...we're becoming friends. (And you can see how cold it was today from the lack of people on the track. It's normally PACKED on Sunday afternoons.)

And last, the face of victory! Two miles, baby....two miles! That's a good day right there. :)
Meredith's GFJ advice for today...it takes time. Hang in there!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for you merebear!! You have more preservance than I do. I pass the g-ville track every day and haven't worked out all semester. You are gettin' so skinny one of these days I not gonna recognize my own cousin!

Christen said...

I am so proud of you! You amaze me!You also kick my butt everytime I see new pics! I love you!!!

Kevin Cabe said...

I'm jealous!! Good job freak!!!

Gina said...

Girl, I am so proud of you. I admire your ability to keep this journey on track and keep God ever before you. I need a good shot of what you got. God Bless you as you continue, you look amazing. I can't wait to see you in person. And to think, your hair still looks so good after a two mile journey at GSC, LOL

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you! Not only do you look amazing but I can tell by your writing that you feel amazing! Great job on the 2 mile jog!
Analisa

Josh and Carrie Anne said...

Hey this is josh rowan. Great job. You look great. Check out my family's blog... wwww.knowintherowans.blogspot.com I will add yours to my list when I get home.

josh

Amanda said...

You look GREAT! I am so proud of you! I started www.sparkpeople.com last week with a friend from college. I am actually suprised at how well I have done with the watching what I eat! I have lost 5.5 lbs. in less than a week! I know it won't continue that fast, but it is the motivation I need right now to keep going! I am going to go to the gym tonight and make myself work out! I am trying to lose 60 lbs. total -- but would toally like to make that 65 or 70! Keep the motivation coming! I need it!

Amy Sullins said...

Girl, I just love you! I have been trying to re-commit to my getting fit journey but...it just hasn't taken off! You are such an inspiration! Talk to you soon!
Amy

Joe and Abby said...

YOU LOOK AWESOME!!! I am so proud of you! Your hair is so cute! I cannot wait to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Wow Meredith, you look great!! I wish I was as motivated as you, you are inspiring!! Love Ya.
Mandi