"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5

Friday, April 4, 2008

Wow...what a week!

Life always seems to be busy (for all of us I know), but this week has seemed extra busy in my world. My body actually aches right now from the craziness of it all...kinda like a 2 year old girl's little ragdoll would feel if she had feelings, I think. Just worn out and the fact that I'm a little under the weather with the beginnings of a cold and low grade fever don't help the situation too much. Spring has officially begun and with it have come droves of people to the Allergy and Asthma Clinic. We saw SO many patients this week...definitely the busiest week since I started working there 9 months ago. I experienced my first patient passing out on me this week and I must say that this is something I desire to NEVER happen again. I was doing a blood draw on her and, bless her heart, the poor girl was already worn out when she came to see us because she had been in the hospital all weekend. Not a super fun situation for either one of us. But long story short, I managed, with the amazing help of the Lord, to remain calm during the whole ordeal and the girl ended up coming back to pretty quickly. I definitely prefer calm over emergent patient care. That whole situation, though it truly couldn't have gone more smoothly than it did, kind of unnerved my whole week I think! Can you imagine the things the Lord has reminded me through it though...i.e, that as humans we really have control over nothing! :) What a week! On the more pleasant side, I lost another 3 pounds this week...this was a two week weigh in total because I missed weighing in last week. Whoohoo!

I'm helping to give another baby shower tomorrow for some of my best friends Amanda and Jim. It will be a long, yet fun day and I truly am looking forward to it. After a little sleep....

Hope you've all had a good week!

1 comment:

Amy Pass said...

I wish Corey and I could have come down to visit and I wish I could have made it to the baby shower for Jim and Amanda too. We miss you!!!