"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Meredith's Get Fit Journey - Take 2...Jumping Rope!

Finally! As of today, I'm officially down 70 pounds! Last weigh-in I was at 69.2 and at today's weigh-in I had a loss of 1.2 more pounds, bringing my total to 70.4. Pretty exciting. I rewarded myself by indulging on my fav...a Tall Java Chip Frapp from Starbucks...YUMMO! (with whip cream) It was the best! I've been looking for ways to "spice up" my exercise routine. I love to walk and am learning to like jogging, but sometimes you just wanna do something different. Why not try jumping rope? It's actually a pretty inexpensive way to jazz things up. The one seen below only cost me $1.98 at Target today. I haven't tried it out just yet, so I'm not certain of the quality of it...I'll get back to you on that! I'm interested to see how this goes for me...I'm not the most coordinated creature to ever walk the planet so be praying for my safety. :) I'm only 4.6 more pounds away from my next big goal of 75 pounds...wow! God is SO SO SO good! His strength is perfect in so many ways. My advice for this entry of my GFJ is this...find out what works best for YOU and stick with it! There are so many great tactics out there for losing weight, but not all of them are going to work for the same person. Weight Watchers works for me, teaching me how to balance eating healthier along with exercise. Don't be afraid to try out several different "tactics" (healthy ones, of course) and once you find the one that works for you, keep at it! Stay tuned for the next GFJ post...

2 comments:

Kimi said...

You look awesome and are such an inspiration!!! Love you!!!

Chad Bugg said...

Awesome Job. You have motivated me to start keeping a weakly watch on my weight. I am not changing any thing with my diet just seeing how it might fluctuate.