"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Days off can be so stressful sometimes!

I love a day off from work! I've said it many times before and I know I'll say it again that I really do LOVE my job. But who in their right mind wouldn't say that they love having a day off every now and then?? I wanted today to be a really productive day and it really was in some ways. My Mom and her sisters are having a yard sale this weekend, so this was a great opportunity for me to clean out all my clothes that I can't wear anymore since loosing weight. By around 3:30, I had my closet cleaned out and most of my dresser drawers. Thankfully, all those clothes are out, but sadly, I now have hardly anything to wear! :) I had so many other things in my mind that I wanted to do on my day off today, like visit my friend Amanda who recently had her first baby girl. I wanted to spend some good time outside at the college walking and then spend some extra time with the Lord this afternoon. I have about 4 phone calls that I needed to catch up on, other friends that I need to visit. I think knowing that I could potentially do any of these things today since I didn't have to work was really stressful for me because I knew that I couldn't possibly do them ALL! Do you ever have those times? It just felt very overwhelming today for some reason! The rest of my afternoon was productive - I ran errands that have been put on the bottom of my list for a few weeks, had dinner with my family and went on a good walk tonight with my Mom. So, while I'm not choosing to put all those other things out of my mind that didn't get done today, I am choosing to be thankful for the things that did get done! :)

Hope you've all had a good day!

No comments: