"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Super Saturday!

What a fun, tiring Saturday it has been! :) I got to spend last night and the majority of my day today with my old roommate and dear friend, Gina. I got into Rome a little after 8 last night and Gina and I had dinner at her place, rented a movie, talked and laughed and headed for bed around midnight. Today we did a little shopping before lunch then headed to have lunch at a new place in Rome called Sassafrass Grille. It's a very classy/modern type bistro restaurant. We had lots of fun! Our waiter was a little questionable...but fun nonetheless. :) After lunch we headed to get SPA PEDICURES! One of my most favorite things EVER! I've been wanting to get one for a few weeks now - I'm so glad I waited and shared the experience with G! Our toes are lookin' good. :) I headed towards home a bit earlier than I wanted due to my car giving me some issues. I don't think it's a big deal...hopefully just some air or trash has gotten into my fuel line causing my car to "sputter" a little upon acceleration. It only did it a few times but that was enough to make me nervous. I made it home safe and sound. I LOVED my time with Gina...she's such a wonderful person and an amazing friend! I thank Jesus for you, G!

Looking forward to tomorrow! One of my little cousins, Garrison, accepted Jesus as his personal Savior this past week at VBS. He's being baptized in the morning...what an awesome outward expression of commiting our lives to the Lord. I pray little Gary keeps his eyes on Jesus all his days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't make me cry. I know how you love it when I cry. :) I had fun wth you, too, girl! God did a lot of good things when He brought you to Rome all those years ago - one of my favorite good things He did was bring me a great friend who loves me just like I am. You are the best - beautiful toes and all! Love you, M!!!

Anonymous said...

I'M SO MAD AT YOU!!!! I can't believe you came to Rome and didn't even call!!!! We are not friends anymore. Ok, I guess I'm happy you got to spend some time with Gina...but still!!!! UGH.