"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Randomness...

I have been trying so hard to think of something to blog about this weekend, but my mind is full of just randomness. First of all, God is teaching me some serious stuff right now - particularly about how productive/not productive I am during transition periods in my life. I truly feel that this past year since I've been back home in Gainesville has been one of the craziest years of my life. A totally "out of control" year, if that makes any sense. Nothing has felt "constant" besides the obvious such as work. There are certain days when I think back on the past 12 months and feel that not a lot has been accomplished in my life. You all know that church involvement and serving through a local church is really important to me. Maybe that's one reason I've felt not so productive in the past year. I've yet to find a "home" church again - visited LOTS of wonderful churches - just haven't found the one for me...until maybe today! (which is very exciting) Still lots to pray through regarding that and while I am still serving in various ways even outside a local church, my heart yearns so badly to get my roots settled again. As much as I felt the sense of non-productivity in my life, I know that productivity has truly taken place in many areas. I've continued to lose weight on a consistent basis. I've had the time of my life becoming an Aunt for the first time and spending just about every free minute I've had with Luke. I wouldn't trade being able to see all those "first" in his life for ANYTHING! I've connected with people at my work on a more personable level - fellow employees and patients. I know that my life has been productive in lots of areas over the past year, but I want to make it a goal to make a more conscious effort in the next 12 months to really use my time more wisely in preparing for the next stage of the journey the Lord has me on. Sorry for rambling and probably not making any sense at all! Other random thoughts on my mind right now include (but are not limited to):
- I really need to find a bathing suit for the beach in 3 weeks!
- I really HATE shopping for bathing suits.
- I took a two hour nap this afternoon...it's so gonna take me FOREVER to fall asleep tonight.
- For real? Am I still single?!?
-I can't believe I changed into my walking clothes right after church today and have yet to go for my walk...it's almost dark outside!
-I need to get my car payment in the mail tomorrow.
-I sure hope my sweet friends Jeremy and Christen are having a blast on their mission trip to the Bahama's right now!
-I have the best family and the best friends ever.
-But I still want a boyfriend.
-I can't wait to see my friend Emma this week - I miss our walks and our talks. AND she's having a baby BOY!
-So is my friend Kimi! (having a baby BOY!)
-I think I forgot to tell Emma "Happy Birthday", on her birthday.
-I'm gonna go make that phone call right now!

No comments: