"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Word of God Speak!

"Lord, You have assigned me my portion and my cup; You have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance." (Psalm 16:5-6)

I love that God's Word is holy and I love that His Word speaks and is alive. The verse above is one of my very favorites. Not only does it remind me that God protects me and provides for me and gives me stability, but it also reminds me that the things He does provide me with in this life are sufficient. So often, I/we want just about everything we don't have. I have found on more than one occasion that when I focus on the things I don't have, that's when I'm the most miserable and stressed out in life. On the other hand, I have learned that when I find contentment in the things God has given me, I am so much more likely to see His blessings all around me and understand that the boundary lines in my life truly have fallen in pleasant places. I am a blessed girl..."surely I have a delightful inheritance!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a good word, Meredith! Thank you for sharing!