"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Meredith's Git Fit Journey - Take 5...Good eats and beatin' the heat!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I had hoped to post this GFJ post yesterday, when all of these festivities took place, but today works just as well. My weigh-in yesterday was just ok...I actually gained 0.5 lb this past week, so I'm still stuck at 71. No big deal, but would have certainly loved to have lost that 0.5lb instead of gaining it! :) Workouts have been going great...and let me just tell you, I have been doing some serious sweatin' in this hot weather we're having. I've been "walogging" (that's my word for walking and jogging) mostly this week and jump roping. I haven't been able to get out to do this until around 7:30 most evenings when the sun starts to go down. Gotta be careful in that heat! I got this great recipe for "Chocolate Muffins" at my WW meeting yesterday - they are yummy! And good for you! Each muffin is only 1 point, if you're on the points system. I'll post the recipe at the bottom of this post. Ok, so I finally bought a bike rack yesterday so that I can start riding my very nice bike that I bought several years ago and have literally used it maybe twice. It's in storage just sitting there, but I'm so looking forward to getting it out and introducing that as a new form of exercise so that my routine doesn't get boring. As you can see, there's room for TWO bikes on the rack, so if anyone wants to go riding, just let me know! I could use some guidance! Please pray for my safety. :)
Here is a better picture of the bike rack. My mother has always referred to me as her "mechanically inclined daughter". I usually don't have a problem putting something together or "figuring" it out. Thankfully, the bike rack didn't require any assembly, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to get it on my car. This is a problem. I did get it on my car, only to then look at the picture on the box, to find that it wasn't on right at ALL! It surely can't be that hard...really! I'm going to work on that again this afternoon...I'm off work tomorrow and would LOVE to go riding!
My advice for this GFJ post is this: If you buy a bike rack, make sure you know how to place it on your car before trying. Otherwise, scratches will appear and paint will be removed from your vehicle. (yes, I'm speaking from experience!) Hang in there!
Chocoate Muffins - 1 point each
Ingredients:
3 cups Kellogs All Bran Cereal
2 1/2 cups Water
1 package of brownie mix (any brand)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place cereal and water into a mixing bowl and allow to soak for 5 minutes. Then, add in all other ingredients and mix well. Divide muffin mixture into paper lined muffin tins and bake 15 to 20 minutes. Makes 24 muffins. Enjoy!

2 comments:

One Day at a Time said...

Thanks for the recipe--sounds yummy!

Anonymous said...

Meredith,

I passed this recipe on to one of my husband's coworkers that is doing Weight Watchers too. She LOVED it! She said if you have any more yummy (low point) recipes, she would love to have them. :)

I plan on making them too!

Kaylyn Fernandez