"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Meredith's Get Fit Journey - Take 7...Seeing results.

Pictures. I promised pictures for this post. So, here's a "before" my GFJ started picture and a "now" picture. I would totally be lying if I said it wasn't hard to look at the before picture. Not because I think any less of myself when I see me in that picture, but just because I realize now how "limited" I felt at this point in my life because of the extra weight that I carried. My life was good...absolutely...don't get me wrong. I laughed just as much then as I do today. :) I'm thankful to have the friends that I do, the family that I do, and the Savior that I do that supports me, loves me, sustains me and doesn't measure my worth by a number.
Before...
...this picture was taken when I lead a group of students on a mission trip to Arlington, TX.
Now...
...taken last night before Mom and I went for our walk.
My advice for this GFJ post...take pictures along the journey! Some days you won't feel like you've come very far...but seeing results helps unveil the truth that you really have!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm so proud of you! You are such a tremendously beautiful person! And an inspiring one at that :)

Amanda said...

You look GREAT! You are such an inspiration! I've got to get back on track!

Anonymous said...

Whoo-hoo!!! :):):):)

Anonymous said...

hey I took taht before picture so don't be hating... no really I am so proud of how you have changed! u have such stamina.

Julie Padgett said...

WOW Meredith! That's awesome! I wish I had the drive and motivation that you do- that's really inspiring- go girl!