"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Meredith's Get Fit Journey - Take 8..."I get knocked down...

...but I get up again!!" Ok, I know I've whined before about having some tough weeks here and there in the weight loss world, but this past week...actually the past 2 weeks, top them all! Holy cow...have things been hard! I've not been focused at all on careful eating and almost completely avoided exercise for at least a good week. I think the important thing is that I understand the "whys" behind what caused this set back - but still, my excuses are not sufficient enough for my lack of discipline. I know that set backs are absolutely going to happen and that I'll occasionally be sidetracked from time to time. But I'm ready to face it head on, put the past 2 weeks behind me and get at it full force once again. My last weigh-in was 2 weeks ago and I was down 2 more pounds, bringing my total to 82.4 pounds. My next goal is 85 pounds, which hopefully I will reach on Saturday at weigh-in. I really wanted to reach my 100 pound goal by January 3rd, which will mark my 2 years since starting weight watchers. I realize that's a lot to lose in a month so I'm not going to be down on myself if it doesn't happen...I'm not in a race here! :)

My advice for this GFJ...don't beat yourself up when you have a set back. But be disciplined enough to get yourself back on track, knowing that you've come to far to turn back! Hang in there! :)

No comments: