"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5

Monday, November 24, 2008

Oh my...

Hey my friends! I promise I haven't left you forever. Sorry I've been a little slack in keeping you all up to date on my business. Life has been nothing short of CRAZY the past few weeks and I promise to take some time later on this week to actually blog. I just had to get on here for a second though to tell you 2 funny stories from the day.

Poop on the Hand - Story #1
So...I'm skin testing a precious little 3 year old girl today. She was a trooper as I applied the skin test to her back and while she was waiting her 15 minutes before I could read her test, she sat in the patient room floor with her mom and colored. SO good...for a 3 year old. Well, when I go back in the room to read her test, I just get in the floor with her and let her continue on with whatever she's doing to occupy herself...a.k.a...coloring a pretty princess picture. So I'm down in the floor doing what I do and all of a sudden I feel something really weird on my hand. Oh yes, this child had POOPY coming up her back...and my hand totally got in it. I didn't freak out or gag...I just politely told Mom that she might need to change her pull-up and her pants. I thought poor Mom was going to just DIE b/c I had gotten poop on my hand. I was talking with a friend tonight who had a "poopy on the hand" kind of day too. Glad I wasn't the only one! :)

Pregnancy and Men - Story #2
My sweet, dear friend Emma is very pregnant. Today is actually her due date, but unfortnately, still no baby boy. She's waiting patiently...as are the rest of us! Anyway, I sent her a text this morning asking how she was doing and if she was feeling alright. She sends me a text back stating that she had just left the doctor and she's at 4 cm and is 100% effaced. Guys, sorry. You probably don't really get that unless you're married and your wife has been through labor. Anyway, here's a conversation I was having w/ my parents tonight at dinner. (keep in mind that my dad doesn't hear very well)

Me talking to my Mom: I heard from Emma today and she's at 4 cm and 100% effaced.

My Dad: She's 4 cm and 100% afraid??

Made for a GREAT laugh after my "poopy on the hand" kind of day! :)

Hope you all have a GREAT week - I know I've got LOTS to be thankful for and I'm sure you do too!

No comments: